The educational mission of Temple Beth Sholom is to make the synagogue a center of Jewish learning through an array of rich and diverse educational and experiential opportunities.
The synagogue will serve as a hub of learning and personal enrichment, connecting synagogue, community, and individuals.
- Advance educational opportunities for people of all ages and all levels of Judaic backgrounds
- Create a bridge between Jewish tradition and current concerns
- Promote a forum for participants to express their individual ideas and their relationship to Judaism
- Provide formats and settings that will include diverse classes, lectures, panels, programs, conversations, and online materials
- Intermediate/Advance Hebrew- Chug Ivri
- Nosh N' Learn
- Distinguished Speaker Series
- Leyen Kreis Yiddish Reading Circle
- Shabbat Shmooze
The Idelson Library has two very successful programs which are well-attended.
- Book Reviews
Each month, November – February, we have a review and discussion of selected book of Jewish interest. Light refreshments are provided. Copies are available for check out.
- Film Matinee Series
Each month, November – February, we show an acclaimed film of Jewish interest, followed by a Question and Answer session. Light refreshments, including popcorn, are
Please come in and see what a treasure we have at Temple Beth Sholom!